httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Johnson <...@johnsons-web.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Script not found or unable to stat on XP
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:47:28 GMT
This is a new install of apache 1.3 on windows xp. I'm familiar with apache
on linux
but not for the XP os.
I am using the default httpd which was produced during the install process.
Scriptalias is set as follows:
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin/"
and directory is set as
     <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin">
         AllowOverride None
         Options None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>
a test script - test.py has been placed in the cgi-bin directory, python is
installed and
the script runs with python.
Pointing the browser to http://localhost/cgi-bin/test.py
gives the following error message from firefox:
Not Found
The requested URL /cgi-bin/test.py was not found on this server.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at lucy.johnson.com Port 80

Inspection of the error log shows the following:
(2)No such file or directory: script not found or unable to stat:
c:/program files/apache group/apache/cgi-bin/test.py
I'm pretty lost here, any insights would be appreciated.
thanks
tim
p.s. my apologies if this is not sent as plain text, I'm out of my element
here, they've
       taken away my "mutt"