httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Gatwood <dgatw...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Tracking down cause of long server stalls
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:44:53 GMT
On Feb 16, 2005, at 2:04 PM, David Gatwood wrote:

> There are some clues, however.  After these stalls, I end up with a
> nastygram
> deposited in error_log:
>
> 	shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
> parent directories: Permission denied
> 	  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed          Time
>    Curr.
> 	                                 Dload  Upload Total    Current  Left
>    Speed
> 	100   512  100   512    0     0    341      0  0:00:01  0:00:01
> 0:00:00  2813
>
> though that might be unrelated.

Never mind on that part.  That is unrelated.  Tracked that down to an
authentication library making use of curl without using -s.  It just
happens
often enough that it tended to be the last thing in the logs on this
particular machine.

Still scratching my head on why we're getting the stalled read from fd
3,
though.

David