httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Simonini <andrea.simon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] YAAMUQ (Yet Another Apache Memory Usage Question)
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:41:12 GMT
Thanks James,

I've looked in /proc/<pid>/status and the VmSize reported is 2.6GB, i
agree that the the memory is not actually used (reserved), it is just
"allocated"(virtual memory).
But the fact is that i've only 400MB  before the addressing space of
my process is exhausted.
Since my module has it's own caches i need a lot of RAM. What i see in
my module is a calloc() failure (a null pointer is returned) when
trying to increase the memory. This is the reason why i think it's a
memory problem. Moreover the problem appeared only after i've
increased the MaxThreadperChild from 100 to 256.
I've made some trials, with 100 threads  the Vmsize is 1G with 256 is
2.6GB, that's why i think 1 thread is worth 10MB.

Andrea