httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] /server-status and openssl
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:47:55 GMT
My guess is that you did have OpenSSL 0.9.7e in your path when you compiled, but that the OpenSSL
that is most probably dynamically linked into your process is 0.9.7.d.

You do not specify what Unix you are using. If you are using Solaris, you can use the pldd
command to determine exactly what library is linked in. If you are using Linux, go to /proc/<PID>
(where PID is the pid of one of your Apache processes) and look it up in the  maps file.

-ascs

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Matt "Cyber Dog" LaPlante [mailto:webmaster@cyberdogtech.com]
Envoyé : lundi 7 février 2005 16:24
À : users@httpd.apache.org
Objet : [users@httpd] /server-status and openssl

I posted this question once before, but I did not get a single reply.  I'm submitting it one
more time after which I'll just give up...thanks.

I just got through upgrading my department's web server to Apache 2.0.52 from 1.3.x.  I have
/server-status enabled because I like keeping track of the server activity, but when I was
browsing it I noticed something odd.
The Server Version: line appears to have incorrect information.  Currently the line displays
as follows:

Server Version: Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) PHP/4.3.10 mod_ssl/2.0.52 OpenSSL/0.9.7d

However I know for a fact that the system is running OpenSSL/0.9.7e (I always keep up to date
for security reasons).  At first I thought maybe there was a problem with the upgrade I had
done and some old SSL libraries remained on the system.  I checked the config.log for the
server, and it seems to verify that the version should be 0.9.7e:

configure:10243: checking whether to enable mod_ssl
configure:10279: result: checking dependencies
configure:10284: checking for SSL/TLS toolkit base
configure:10335: result: /usr/local
configure:10338: checking for SSL/TLS toolkit version
configure:10340: result: OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004
configure:10358: checking for SSL/TLS toolkit includes
configure:10376: result: /usr/local/include
configure:10379: checking for SSL/TLS toolkit libraries
configure:10394: result: /usr/local/lib

I also noticed that this line is no longer displaying mod_auth_pam which I currently have
loaded as an .so, though I believe it used to display in 1.3.x...though this could just be
a feature of the 2.x series.  I'm much more concerned about the OpenSSL issue.

Thanks,
Matt