httpd-users mailing list archives

From Phil Endecott <spam_from_apache_us...@chezphil.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HTTP Analyzer?
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:42:46 GMT
> I am about to do some maintenance on a web site I did not write that
> appears to be hundreds of files of entirely static html. One of the things
> I would like to do is parse the index.html file and follow all the links
> to find all the broken links

I use checkbot to do this; I run it as a weekly cron job so I know when
sites that I link to go bad.  There are other similar programs.
freshmeat.net might be a good place to start looking, depending on your
platform preferences.

> , all the unused files, and get a graph of the
> site structure.

Not sure about those things.  (I wrote a perl script years ago to
generate a site map by following links; you can see the result at
http://chezphil.org/map/.  This isn't what you want though as it relies
on annotating the source to hint at the structure.)

 > I am interested in a browser compatibility assessment.

Not sure about that either, but it's an interesting question as to
whether you can automate browser compatibility testing to any
significant extent.

--Phil.