httpd-users mailing list archives

From dan <i...@hostinthebox.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Ver
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:14:29 GMT
Warron French wrote:
> If you are running Apache on linux you could (as user root) type httpd -V
>

> Warron French
> Sr. Network Engineer

You could also make it throw a 404 error:

http://www.domain.com/somecraphere

Although, IIRC, Plesk disguises the actual server information, so httpd
-v might be your best bet.

Plesk is very picky about, well, just about everything.  I do not trust
it one bit.  If you install Chili!Soft ASP, you will more than likely
blow it up.

The only way that SWSoft stays in business is because people eventually
buy $300 support contracts so that SWSoft will do these custom installs,
and if it blows up, they will fix it.

All in all, please be careful.

Thanks
-dant