httpd-users mailing list archives

From Justin Crabtree <crabt...@otc.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 on Windows 2003
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:40:22 GMT
Wagner, Aaron wrote:
> Has anyone used Apache2 on Windows 2003.  We are setting up a backup
> server on 2003, I'd prefer a *nix box, but the powers that be prefer
> Microsoft products.
>
> Thanx
> Aaron

I have been running Apache 2.0.50 - 53 on a Windows Server 2003 box for
several months.  The only big issue I have run into is upgrading.  I
have Apache installed as a service and when I upgraded from 2.0.50 to
2.0.52, I had problems afterwards with starting and stopping the
service.  I ran the uninstall for 2.0.50, but I didn't reboot before
trying to install 2.0.52.  I believe this was the cause of the problems
I had after the upgrade.

I also would prefer a *nix box, but at least I don't have to use IIS.  HTH.

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer