httpd-users mailing list archives

From MELindberg <webmas...@darkdezigns.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] https problem
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:22:49 GMT
Phil Endecott wrote:

> MELindberg wrote:
>
>> Hi Gang
>>
>> Request to the server for SSL "https" connections get routed to the
>> root server for a single 'server' in a mass hosting setup. Hopefully
>> I'm explaining myself well enough. Basically it seems that the hosted
>> site has no 'port 443' but I've no idea where to start looking for
>> the problem. Any suggestions would be welcome. Everything I can see,
>> so far, are {or at least seem to be} correct.
>

> This is a FAQ.  You cannot have serve HTTPS to more than one domain
> per IP address.  This is a fundamental limit of the way that HTTPS works.
>
> (If you have multiple IP addresses it is possible.)
>
> --Phil.

Thank you Phil. I am aware of this, and have read the FAQ. I have
multiple IP addresses, 16 on this particular server. Several of them
{the ones that need it} working as expected in "SSL mode". The
site/server/IP address in question is the only one which does not. I
think I may have a 'duplicate' entry or 'partial entry' in my zone
records {or something of this nature} but am, so far, unable to locate
the error.

If you might be so kind as to tell me the { standard / usual} path and
file name for the zone records on appache I might be able to find it
.... I'm a little new at appache :)

Thanks Again
Myrlin