httpd-users mailing list archives

From dan <i...@hostinthebox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] .htaccess, AllowOverride
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:38:19 GMT
Hello, all -

I'm a bit rusty on .htaccess, and I am not able to find this answer
anywhere.

By default, "AllowOverride" is set to "None" for <Directory /> inside
httpd.conf, we all know this.  When modifying AllowOverride on a
per-directory basis inside a VirtualHost container, shouldn't those
paramaters set forth inside the VirtualHost container override the
defaults?  I've found this not to be true, unfortunately, and wondering
what the rule is - which specification takes precidence?  Is this by
design, or am I doing something wrong with trying to set "AllowOverride
(insert option here)" options?

I know this is kindof a dumb question, and I believe I knew the answer
once upon a time.  The reason why I'm asking is that I do not want to
set "AllowOverride (insert option here)" as the default, which is what I
have done a couple times in the past to satisfy this occourance.

Thanks for the time
-dant