httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect question...
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:54:07 GMT
David Nedrow wrote:
> We are using Netegrity's SiteMinder product to authenticate internal
> users. It's an apache module that redirects users to a main
> authentication server, which auth's them, and returns them BACK to the
> original server.

Erk!  I don't know the product in question, but your description looks
like something badly broken, that'll fail as soon as a user (or ISP, or
network administrator) enables basic privacy or security.

> Is there any way to add some type of URL specific directive to the httpd
> conf that would return a 404 >before< handing off valid requests to the
> authentication server?

If you know the scope of URLs in question, then use <LocationMatch>
(or one of its siblings) to determine how different URLs are treated.

--
Nick Kew