httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Favorite Linux Distribution
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:00:14 GMT
It is usual to newbies to spit again everything that is widely used.

"blame on windows"
"blame on redhat"
etc, etc.

I've met lots of people who came spitting "debian is the best, fedora is
an abomination" "slackware is the way to go" blabla.. some months after,
they are the best friends of redhat and kickstart.

Big isp's around the world, uses redhat systems, because their paid
support, and facilities in updating several server at a time.
Yeah, i know some other distros does the same. I'm not saying redhat is
gooooooood.

  I dont really like redhat(fedora), but (i.e.) at work, when i need to
setup a workstation, in a few minutes, i prefer fedora to debian or any
other "pro" distro (as some newbies call them)
  If you want a not so bloated system, you can do as tim does (and what
i do when i install fedora). Minimal install, then you install just the
stuff you need. Nothing else.
  My way to go, is LFS. I could came spitting "all other distros are BS,
the are bloated with useless stuff", but that's not true. Every distro
has is own public.
  I Build minimal system with lfs. And have my own desktop system build
entirely from scratch. But i dont recommend this way, cause it is messy.
(i like it xD)