httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Saad, Dan (N-Computer Sciences Corp)" <dan.s...@lmco.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem building 1.3.33 dynamic on Solaris 2.9 - Unresolved symbol ap_palloc on start up
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:17:01 GMT
When building Apache 1.3.33 with a fairly standard dynamic configuration
I get the following error on an attempt to start the server:
--

Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_env.so into server: ld.so.1:
/loc01/local/apache_1.3.33/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file

--

Prior to the configuration I set CC and OPTIM according to things I've
read:

CC=gcc
OPTIM=-O2

My configure command was:

./configure --prefix=/user/local/apache --verbose \
            --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max

The configure and build process seemed to have gone clean without error;
all shared objects were built and installed to libexec

I've searched the FAQ to no avail, searched Google but can't seem to
view some of the links at Geocrawler
(presented by Google).

I'm using gcc version 2.95.3

It tells me I have successfully built and installed the 1.3 http server
... and the symbol actually is
in the binary httpd.

[host] /usr/local/apache_1.3.33/bin 244> nm httpd | grep -i ap_palloc
[827]   |     75976|     120|FUNC |GLOB |0    |11     |ap_palloc

It seems maybe the loader is having a problem seeing the symbol when
attempting to load the first module.

Is there an Environment setting for the linker/loader I can adjust to
resolve this ?

Did I miss something ?

Dan