httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Regan" <k.re...@f5.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Controlling authentication in Apache.
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 19:41:04 GMT

Currently, we have the following in the httpd.conf file:

    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "BIG-IP"
    require valid-user

We also have a custom module that will allow a user access if there is a special token in
the URL.  However, even with this custom module being specified after mod_auth in the httpd.conf
file, the client still gets a username/password prompt (the user is given access no matter
what is typed in for the username/password).

What I would like is for the client to not get the username/password prompt if the special
token is in the URL and get the password prompt if it is not.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Kevin