httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Goodinson" <Dan.Goodin...@businessobjects.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Question about Tomcat threads
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:39:10 GMT
I know this is technically the wrong mailing list (for which I
apologise) but was wondering if anyone knows a quick fix for this?

Is there a setting in Tomcat 4.1.27 that kills off idle/inactive threads
after x mins?  I've got an issue where our application uses up all the
available Tomcat threads until Tomcat is maxed out and cannot process
any more request - it results in the app server (and subsequently our
application) to become unavailable.  We need to restart the app server
to restore.  No other applications are using this app server (only the
associated web server, Apache 1.3.27)

Tomcat max number of threads has been increased to 400, and we are
seeing approx 1 week stability - the app server is bounced every weekend
at present.

The problem could easily be in our application (although we don't know
how this could be fixed yet) but if there are any tweaks that can be
made to Tomcat, that would be great.

JDK is 1.4.1, running on AIX 5l.

Apologies once again for sending this to wrong mailing list.  I will
sign up for the Tomcat lists, too ;-)

Meantime - anyone got any ideas?