httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Whittington, Langdon E. (LNG-DAY)" <Langdon.E.Whitting...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject [users@httpd] fastcgi -listen-queue-depth not working for TCP sockets
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:21:44 GMT
I am using apache 1.3.19 with mod_fastcgi 2.2.11 on the Solaris environment.
I ran into a problem when I had more than 32 simultaneous requests to my
mod_fastcgi program. Connections were refused. I switched over to TCP
instead of Unix Domain sockets by adding the -port option to the AppClass
directive:

AppClass /foo/bar/myApp.fcg -port 49161 -listen-queue-depth 200 -processes

That eliminated the Connection refused problem.  However, the
-listen-queue-depth directive doesn't appear to work now.  I'm able to have
many connections, but -listen-queue-depth doesn't seem to limit the number
any longer. Can anyone comment on this? I'm wondering what the limit is when
using TCP and if it's possible for me to easily change the queue depth limit
if need be.