httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Warron French" <wfre...@xtria.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Limit POST, PUT methods
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:01:56 GMT
Robert, I read this article already.

So, I wonder if maybe you can give me a more clear instruction.

If I want to not allow users to use PUT or POST do I use Limit or LimitExcept, from what I
can tell it looks like the book I am reading from ORA -- Apache the Definitive Guide is saying
that access-control directives should NOT be placed within a <Limit> section but it
doesn't exactly say to place them in a <LimitExcept> section either.

All I want to do is allow only GET for this website I am working on since it is a government
server and I need to secure it.

Would I perhaps do:

<Limit GET>
   Require valid-user
</Limit>

Or would I do:
<LimitExcept GET>
	Require valid-user
</LimitExcept>

I just want to learn this and secure the website.

Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer
Xtria, LLC