httpd-users mailing list archives

From M Mitchell <mitchell_1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help on Url_rewriting
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:59:06 GMT
I think you need to reconfigure your apache.

./configure --enable-rewrite

Rajkumar s <rajkumars910@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear sir,
I'm an new bie to apache , I need to implement URL_rewriting
, what are the things should i check and what are all the files should
i modify to achieve the goal.

I learnt that for implementing url rewriting we need mod_rewrite module.

How do i check whether the module mod_rewrite which is required for
url rewriting is present in the system. If not present how do i
include the mod_rewrite ,

Do I need to load the module using LoadModule directive?

>From the Documents i had learnt about different Rewrite directives and
now i have some rough idea.

Kindly help me out with some clues . Point me in the right direction
inorder to get things done.

Sincerely,
S.Rajkumar