httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Processing PHP with HTM Pages
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:55:34 GMT

--- "Ivan Barrera A." <Bruce@Ivn.cl> wrote:

> Did you restarted apache ?
> you dont need to restart the computer.

I have Apache running as a service, so I just restart
my computer each time.

> Also, you need allowoverride directive to use that.
> So better put it on
> the httpd.conf (in the correct vhost)

I don't understand. My httpd.conf file (in my Apache
folder) includes this line:

 AllowOverride All

But are you saying I need to put a copy of my
httpd.conf file in my website's folder, so I would
wind up with this?:

C:/sites/geobopcom/index.htm
C:/sites/geobopcom/.htaccess
C:/sites/geobopcom/httpd.conf

Actually, that would make sense, as I'm eventually
going to have to put all of this stuff online. In
fact, that was my next question...how do I get the
commands in the httpd.conf file online if I don't have
access to my webhost's Apache directory?

Thanks.