httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Processing PHP with HTM Pages
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:31:11 GMT
I did some more research and finally performed the
following routine:

1. I created a new file in Notepad, pasted in the
following:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html .htm

...then saved it as ".htaccess" (surrounding it with
quotes) into my website's folder.

2. I verified that httpd.conf includes the following:

AllowOverride All
AccessFileName .htaccess

3. I restarted my computer.

4. I previewed a page which includes the script <?
phpinfo(); ?> at http://geobopcom/phpinfo.htm

5. It still didn't work, so I found my error logs at
apache > logs. There appears to be a file for each of
my websites. I opened the geobopcom file and found no
text at all - nothing.

So this appears to be a time-consuming experiment that
just isn't going to work out. However, I thought I'd
post this just in case anyone can spot any errors that
I made.

Thanks.