httpd-users mailing list archives

From Markus Mayer <mymailli...@gmx.at>
Subject [users@httpd] apache2 chrooted on Solaris
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:59:11 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having some problems getting Apache 2.0.53 to run chrooted on Solaris 9
sparc architecture.  The error is as follows:

chroot /chrootjail/ /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd
[Tue Feb 15 15:55:55 2005] [crit] (EAI 4)DNS non-recoverable failure:
alloc_listener: failed to set up sockaddr for ::
Syntax error on line 219 of /usr/local/apache2.0.53/conf/httpd.conf:
Listen setup failed

Line 219 contains:
Listen 80

so it seems apache is not able to grab the port.

I've not been able to find anything through google searches that would
indicate what my problem is.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I
can do to get this to work?

regards
Markus