httpd-users mailing list archives

From Qingshan Xie <xieq...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] client-certificate-authentication
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 02:43:28 GMT
All,

  Have a question on client-cert-auth.  We have an
application "A" at the site https://www.X.com/A/, it
needs the client-cert-authentication on its sub-site
"/A/B/". We redirect "/A/B/" to another web server
instance https://www.Y.com/A/B/ to process the
client-cert-auth.  However, the other istes of "A" do
not need client-cert-auth, for example
https://www.Y.com/A/C/.  So, we redirect "/A/C/" back
from https://www.Y.com/A/C/ to https://www.X.com/A/C/.
 My question is here, "Will  the client-cert be
included in the 2nd redirection?"
I think it won't.  There are two HTTPS sessions, the
1st one is the connection between client and
https://www.X.com/ server, the 2nd one is the
connection between client and https://www.Y.com
server.  The 2nd redirection is just a switch from
2nd session to the 1st one.  the Cert should not be
included in this switch.  However, I hope some one can
explain it more clearly and confirm it if I am right.

Thanks,
Q.Xie