httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jorge Schrauwen" <jo...@blackdot.be>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache logging
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:50:04 GMT
By default apache only log's to text files.
there are however some modules that allow apache to log to mysql.

if you want to put it in an access database.
id recommend writing your own application that read the log and then add's
the content to the access database, then clears the log.

Jorge

  _____

From: Nick Kirby [mailto:nick.kirby@freeuk.com]
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 19:15
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache logging

Hello, I want to create a custom log for my web site using this format

IP - Time - Request - Status - Size

And I assume the LogFormat command would look like this:

LogFormat "%h %t \"%r\" %>s %b"

Ideally I'd split the date from the time, but I can work on that.

What I want to do is send this into an access database. Aside from creating
a database with fields headed as above, what else do I need to put into the
conf file to enable this?