httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] fopen of log files
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:05:04 GMT
* alex@squigly.net wrote:

> Is there a way to circumvent this?   For security reasons I can -not-
> allow root to access the area where the log files are intended to be
> kept.

Well, I'd not allow the daemon user for exactly the same reason ;)
Anyway, start httpd as daemon user, bind to a non-restricted port and use
port redirection (with iptables or the like). (Assuming that you want to
bind port 80)

nd
--
"Umfassendes Werk (auch fuer Umsteiger vom Apache 1.3)"
                                          -- aus einer Rezension

<http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>