httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Need a Virtual Host Refresher Course
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:15:29 GMT
OK, I set up a couple sites inside public_html
folders, like this...

C:\sites\politix\public_html\

...but now I can't preview them at all. In fact, I
can't even preview the sites I didn't change, even
though I could normally view them at
http://localhost/mysite/

The basic purpose of putting my content in a folder
named public_html is security, right? So as long as no
intruder gains access to my computer, I shouldn't need
to both with public_html...right?

So, if I go back to my original configuration...

C:\sites\mysite\

...then would the following virtual host script still
work, or do I have to modify it?

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@politix
    ServerName politix:80
    ServerAlias *.politix
    CustomLog
"C:/sites/politix/logs/politix-access.log" vcombined
    ErrorLog "C:/sites/politix/logs/politix-error.log"
    DocumentRoot "c:/sites/politix"
    <Directory "c:/sites/politix">
        Options None
    </Directory>
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "c:/sites/politix/cgi-bin/"
    <Directory "C:/sites/politix/cgi-bin">
        Options +ExecCGI
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Also, is this stuff case sensitive? In other words, if
my physical path is actually C:\sites\GeoZoo\, should
I write ServerName GeoZoo:80, or would geozoo:80 work?

Thanks.