httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Schmiedeskamp <pschm...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap behavior different between w32 and *nix
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:14:21 GMT
Hello, I'm attempting to set up an apache+subversion
server using the excellent MSI packages supplied by
both projects for windows.

I am using apache 2.0.52 on Windows Server 2003 with
the supplied mod_auth_ldap and util_ldap modules.  I
am using the LDAP interface of our Lotus/Domino mail
system for authentication.

I have set up the location to look something like
this:
<Location /svn>
  DAV svn
  SVNParentPath /SVN
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Subversion Repo"
  AuthLDAPEnabled on
  AuthLDAPURL ldap://my.ldap.ip.addr/o=BOGUS?uid
  AuthLDAPAuthoritative on
  <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
    Require valid-user
  </LimitExcept>
</Location>

When I attempt to go to this location in a webbrowser,
I'm properly asked for a username password pair.
Unfortunately, I can never authenticate.  I'm always
told that I've entered the wrong password.  I have
verified that the location does work properly when
AuthType is set to "none".

Interestingly, the LDAP configuration mentioned above
*does* work properly with a similarly configured Linux
server (Apache 2.0.52, mod_auth_ldap, etc.)  Testing
against against the very same LDAP server, I'm able to
authenticate properly.

The only thing I can think of that would be different
between the ldap authentication modules on these two
machines is that the Windows-based mod_auth_ldap links
against the system's native LDAP libraries.  The Linux
machine is linking against the OpenLDAP libraries.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?  Better yet, can
anyone tell me how to fix it? :-)

Thanks in advance.

-Peter