httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jorge Schrauwen" <jo...@blackdot.be>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Help needed with installing on Mac OS X 10.3 from source
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:37:22 GMT
I just compiled apache 2.0.52  on my ibook yesterday.

So let me ask, heb you desabled the Apache that came with the OS itself?
That was the problem for me it always tried to start the other version.

Jorge

-----Original Message-----
From: Boysenberry Payne [mailto:boysenberry@humaniteque.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 0:30
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Help needed with installing on Mac OS X 10.3 from
source

I had a problem with my apache mod_perl installation.  The fink installer
confused my systems default DAMP setup.  It ended up so that dynamic mysql
libraries were the problem.

I decided to correct this by doing clean installs of all my major systems
from source by hand.  Right off the bat I was fraught with difficulties.

I decided to try to configure apache with  layout=GNU and
-enable-shared=max.
It performed make && make install saying everything was ok.  When I
tried:
apachetcl start I got the following:
dyld: /usr/local/sbin/httpd Undefined symbols:
_include_module
/usr/sbin/apachectl: line 186:  6269 Trace/BPT trap          $HTTPD

I also tried to perl MakeFile.PL from my mod_perl 1.26 src dir and got the
following
errors:

ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regcomp
regex/libregex.a(regcomp.o) definition of _regcomp in section
(__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libdl.dylib(regcomp.So) definition of _regcomp
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regexec
regex/libregex.a(regexec.o) definition of _regexec in section
(__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libdl.dylib(regexec.So) definition of _regexec
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regfree
regex/libregex.a(regfree.o) definition of _regfree in section
(__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libdl.dylib(regfree.So) definition of _regfree
ld: Undefined symbols:
_actions_module
_include_module
_log_config_module
make[1]: *** [target_static] Error 1
make: *** [apache_httpd] Error 2

I've tried several configurations with no success.
I hope maybe someone is familiar with darwin and OS X to help me get around
the default systems and set up my own working environment.

Thanks ahead of time,
Boysenberry