httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Hannessen <m...@nperfection.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] protect an area of our website with login / password
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 20:05:50 GMT
you could use an openldap backend like this:

<Directory /exports/websites/nl/linuxnet/admin/mail/site/admin>
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthName "Protected Login"
    AuthType Basic
    LDAP_Server 127.0.0.1
    LDAP_Port 389
    Bind_DN "cn=nobody,dc=xp2600pro,dc=linuxnet,dc=nl"
    Bind_Pass "Yix466jcy/Tzs"
    Base_DN "dc=xp2600pro,dc=linuxnet,dc=nl"
    UID_Attr uid
    require valid-user
    SSLRequireSSL
</Directory>

you could then store users and passwords in the openldap database.
but there are other backends as well.

Mark Hannessen