httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems Installing/Uninstalling Apache 2 as a Service
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 09:03:07 GMT
Some time ago, I downloaded and installed a
preconfigured package from Apache Friends that
included Apache 2, which I installed as a service
after a little difficulty. My computer recently
crashed, so I had to reinstall everything. I
discovered a revised Apache Friends/XAMPP package that
works even better than before. However, I apparently
messed up Apache while I was trying to configure it.

I THINK what happened is that when I reversed one of
my failed experiments by uninstalling XAMPP, my
Apache-as-a-service setting remained installed. When I
reinstalled XAMPP in a different location, browsed to
the location with Windows Command Prompt and
instructed it to install Apache as a service, it told
me Apache is already installed. However, I can't
browse to the location where I last installed itas a
service because that location no longer exists.

So I think what I need to do is learn how to track
down ghost Apache services and terminate them so that
I can start fresh. Or is there another solution?

Thanks.