httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yassen Damyanov ...@troyer.co.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] separate certificate per virtual host
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 14:31:08 GMT
On Thursday 03 February 2005 16:11, Jeremy Hilton wrote:
> On 2/3/05 9:05 AM, "Duncan Brannen" <dbb@st-andrews.ac.uk> wrote:
>

> > Not sure if anything's changed but I seem to remember that the SSL
> > handshake takes place before
> > the virtual host requested is given, so there is no way of knowing which
> > server a user wants before
> > hand to give them the correct certificate.

Duncan, Jeremy: thank you for replying!
Of course -- the SSL handshake is before any other talk takes place --
didn't even think of that.

I won't be possible to use aliases for my case, even if this is supported
(too manu virtual domains). So does anybody know / run / imagine a solution
to this problem? Multiple apache instances? Or whatever might come to your
head.

Cheers!
Yassen