httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Robert D." <RDNel...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] I want to run 4 apache servers on one unix box (for example on port 80,81,82 & 83).
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:02:30 GMT
> I want to run 4 apache servers on one unix box (for example
> on port 80,81,82 & 83).  How is it possible.  I feel that I
> have to install apache only once and use a different
> httpd.conf for each apache server.  However I donot know all
> the steps, Please suggest.

Yes, you can do that. Install the binary in one place. Then you'll need
separate httpd.conf and PID files and maybe some other separate things (e.g.
scoreboard file). When you start up the server just pass it the conf file
you want to use. Better yet, you can create a separate apachectl script for
each instance and hard-code the differences in each script.

 ~ Robert