httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Robert D." <RDNel...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] httpd could not start
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:57:54 GMT
Mike:

> Was trying to setup Apache PHP4 on a Rh9.0 linux with
> FreeRadius,MySQL. Got
> the followinr error while trying to start httpd. I have attached my
> httpd.conf.
>
> [root@radius root]# service httpd start
> Starting httpd:
>  Apache 1.3 configuration directives found  please read
> /usr/share/doc/httpd-2.0.40/migration.html
>                                                            [FAILED]
> [root@radius root]# httpd
> [Wed Feb 09 19:11:53 2005] [warn] module php4_module is
> already loaded,
> skipping Syntax error on line 215 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
> Invalid command 'AddModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
> by a module not
> included in the server configuration
> [root@radius root]#

That's a pretty descriptive error message.

> I have read the migration.html suggested but still could not
> figure out what
> I am missing. I have very basic knowledge in Linux, Apache and PHP4.
>
> Would appreciate your help!

>From the documentation:

"The AddModule and ClearModuleList directives no longer exist. These
directives were used to ensure that modules could be enabled in the correct
order. The new Apache 2.0 API allows modules to explicitly specify their
ordering, eliminating the need for these directives."

Remove the 'AddModule' lines in your httpd.conf file.

 ~ Robert