httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Robert D." <RDNel...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] files
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:12:26 GMT
Spencer:

The docs tell you exactly what they do and why you'd use them.

> Do I really need this in my httpd.conf?

If you're going to use the mods you'll need those lines.

> LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_deflate.html

"The mod_deflate module provides the DEFLATE output filter that allows
output from your server to be compressed before being sent to the client
over the network."

> LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_headers.html

"This module provides directives to control and modify HTTP request and
response headers. Headers can be merged, replaced or removed."

> If so where do they get installed from?

They get installed in the default installation.

 ~ Robert