httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Gushlow <nick.gush...@westcoast.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Problems
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:05:27 GMT
On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 19:53 +0000, Phil Endecott wrote:
> So (.*) is matching var/www/htdocs/name.  The rewrite rule is being
> applied to the filename, not the URL.
>
> I would just replace the "." with "[^/]", which matches anything except
> a "/".  Then the pattern will match just the last fragment of the filename:

One of these days I plan to actually understand regex.:-)

> RewriteRule /([^/]*)$ /index.php?club=$1

That did the trick, thanks very much.

> Worry about what happens if you ask for http://domain/name/ with the
> trailing slash.

I am going to have to get around this problem to account for users
typing the slash when it's not needed, but at least the site works for
my demo meeting this morning where I'm the one controlling the
browser. :-)

Thanks again.

Nick.