httpd-users mailing list archives

From Massimiliano Panichi <m.pani...@infogroup.it>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with apache 2.0.52 . It hangs
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:20:57 GMT
Hi,

I've this configuration:

- Debian 3.0
- Apache 2.0.52

I use apache like a reverse proxy and in the last days suddenly it slow
down its speed. Calling the server-status I get several lines with

..reading..

Tracing the processes with strace I see that they are stopped in reading
a file descriptor (56) that correspond (lsof) with a PIPE.

My questions are:

- What does it means, interprocess reading between thread and main
processes ?
- Why after 5/10 minutes it returns to normal operation ?

API docs says

"Scoreboard state constant indicating the server is reading data from a
client (browser)."

- Why on a PIPE ?

thanks in advance