httpd-users mailing list archives

From Philippe Waltregny-Dengis <philippe.waltre...@nrb.be>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Allow Apache to Serve Static Content
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:48:28 GMT
Hello,

Why do you use http rather than mod_jk2?

Philippe Waltregny-Dengis

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 10:16 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Allow Apache to Serve Static Content

Plain text please...

We also have a Tomcat back-end but connect to it via http (not mod_jk2).
The principle should be the same, however.

What we do is serve from apache *by default*. We then use RewriteRules
in proxy-mode to direct a subset of requests to Tomcat, eg:

DocumentRoot /path/to/content

<Directory /path/to/content>
  Allow from all
</Directory>

RewriteRule ^/dynamic/(.*) http://localhost:8000/$1 [P]

So a request for:

http://server/static/file.txt --> /path/to/content/static/file.txt via
Apache

and:

http://server/dynamic/page.jsp --> http://localhost:8000/page.jsp via
Tomcat

So really, what we do is "Allow Tomcat to Serve Dynamic Content" :-)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle