httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sean Davis <sdav...@mail.nih.gov>
Subject [users@httpd] Web site setup question
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:44:06 GMT
What kind of directory structure do people use when building a website?
  I have a single server and will likely run several self-contained
url-based tools (response handlers) with associated images, style
sheets, html, templates, and authen/authz handlers.  When logging, it
would be extremely useful if all of the files associated with a single
tool were logged as within one location and could be protected by the
same authen/authz.  I think I understand the <Directory>, <Files> and
<Location> directives, but don't see how to put these together to do
what I want.  There must be a few "standard" solutions in use here, so
I just wanted to see what others do in these situations.

I would like something like:

htdocs/myurl/imgs
htdocs/myurl/html
htdocs/myurl/templates
htdocs/myurl/css

And I have a mod_perl handler that handles /myurl (but not /myurl/imgs
or /myurl/html, etc.).

Thanks,
Sean