httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 and mod_throttle-like behavior
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:03:02 GMT
> "Heather Johnson" <hjohnson@nypost.com>; 2005-02-07@10:39 GMT-5
>
> We are interested in using mod_throttle for Apache, but after some
> investigation, have discovered that it is not available for Apache2.
> I've searched the lists and cannot find anything that would suggest a
> good substitute. Is there a configuration option for Apache2 that
> replaces mod_throttle or another module that replaces it?
>
> We are primarily interested in stopping multiple requests sent over a
> very short period of time (e.g., less than a second) for the same file
> by the same IP address.

These are just the modules I know of that address certain aspects of the
general problem.

bw_mod a.k.a. mod_bandwidth | Apache 2.0.x | http://ivn.cl/apache
mod_bwshare | Apache 1.3.x and 2.0.x |
http://www.topology.org/src/bwshare/README.html
mod_throttle | Apache ..x | http://www.snert.com/Software/mod_throttle/
mod_tsunami | Apache 1.3.x | ???

I swear there was some discussion of theory applied to Apache 2 for a
new module on the dev@httpd.apache.org list sometime in the past few
months.

I have not got the time to search right now, sorry.  You'll have to do
it.

Leif