httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: AW: [users@httpd] Apache and SSL
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 21:43:54 GMT
> "Schmelzle, Marcus" <Marcus.Schmelzle@Pentasys.de>; 2005-02-07@10:57
> GMT-5
>
> It works, but i get a php warning at startup:
>
> C:\apache\batchs>c:/apache/apache.exe
> [Fri Feb 04 18:14:06 2005] [warn] Loaded DSO
> c:/apache/php/php4apache.dll uses p lain Apache 1.3 API, this module
> might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it wi th -DEAPI)
> Apache/1.3.29 (Win32) PHP/4.3.4 running...
>
> This Tut also say, goto www.modssl.org/contrib and get a file like ...
> I wanted to do SSL like to official way because from this
> Source (http://hunter.campbus.com/) i dont know if its really
> Secure and good.

Well, you might try getting a compiler (Microsoft Visual C++ 2003
Toolkit or MinGW/MSYS).  Then you could download the windows source,
check both md5 and PGP/GPG signatures, configure everything the way you
want it, and recompile the source.  I have not done this yet, but I plan
to eventually.

I believe hunter.campbus.com is trustworthy.  But I am always careful
unless I verified the source against an md5 or better, a signature.
There is a windows installer version of OpenSSL available from a site
that is mentioned on modssl.org .  The openssl.exe binary differs at one
byte from hunter's, which I can only guess is something to do with
compile time or something?  If you do not like it then the only way to
be sure is compile it yourself from source.  Also, there are many useful
modules that hunter does not compile, so it's beneficial to compile the
server from source.  AT that point, it only makes sense to compile PHP
from source if their official binary still gives a problem.

Leif