httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Artem Kuchin" <postmas...@jail1.itlegion.ru>
Subject [users@httpd] How to set REMOTE_ADDR to X-FORWARDED-TO ?
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2005 10:17:49 GMT
I need to set REMOTE_ADDR to X-FORWARDED-TO for a server begind a proxy.
I tried RequestHeader and SetEnv. Request header,
as i understand, executes too early, so
%{X-FORDWARED-TO}e does not exists at that moment and SetEnv does not
recognize %{}e or %{}i
notation for the value.

Also, docs state that standard ENV vars cannot be
overwritten at all. But client scripts use REMOTE_ADDR for determine client
ip and hardly
ever check x-forwarded-to.
Any solution to this?

I think, apache must have more advanced features
for servers behind proxy,because it is the most secure
way to host many hosts with good control over them
by owners.

Regards,
Artem