httpd-users mailing list archives

From JBT <jul...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirect HOSTname to https virtual host
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:45:59 GMT
Hi, I'm running Apache 2 on this FC3 server.

Having virtual default host listening to domain.net and
dns for http://*.domain.net rewrites to "http://domain.net"
this goes to one port 80 document root, all fine and dandy.

then, I'm having a virtual host for SSL, which is

https://mail.domain.net

and I have
Redirect /mail https://mail.domain.net
working fine for this, so that when people go to
http://domain.net/mail
they end up with the
httpS://mail.domain.net
virtual host doc. root

But now I want to have
http://mail.domain.net
(so JUST the "mail" host on port 80 traffic for the domain)
to ALSO redirect/rewrite to
httpS://mail.domain.net

How do I (best) accomplish that?
I've tried some things, like creating another virtual host container
just for this one rewrite, but this is kind of over the top, I'd say.

domain.net is also the default host in this case,
and there are more domains running on the server.
--
Adios

Julius