httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Has anyone seen this string: "couldn't check access. No groups file?"
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:02:06 GMT
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:55:56 +1300, Felix Collins <felix@keyghost.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a peculiar problem with mod_sspi configuration (Apache 2 on
> win2K).  I have everything working fine with the config shown at the end
> of the post.  When I try "SSPIOmitDomain On" I run into problems.

I have no clue about SSPI, but the error message in the subject line
is, if I remember correctly, an indication that nobody is claiming to
be "authoritative" for authentication, and therefore authentication is
falling through.  I thought that the error message was improved in
later versions.  What exact version are you using?

You may be able to fix the problem by loading mod_auth.  It might fix
the problem even if you don't use it directly.  But that is just a
guess.  The root of the problem is probably in your other auth
modules.

> 3.Can anyone point me to an explanation of how different mod_auth
> modules work together?  I read the docs-2.0/howto/auth.html page but
> this only cover mod_auth and not how it works.

Look at the AuthAuthoritative and other related directives.

And by the way, your config file should use forward slashes
everywhere, not back-slashes.

Joshua.