httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Combining CGI, SSI, and PHP (in that order)
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:13:03 GMT
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:43:31 +0100, Anthony G. Atkielski
<anthony@atkielski.com> wrote:
> I'm still not clear on how to do this, although I've advanced a little.
>
> What I want to do is:
>
> 1. Either pull the page from a file or generate it with a CGI program.
>
> 2. Run the output from (1) above through the includes module so that SSI
> calls are expanded.
>
> 3. Run the output from (2) above through PHP so that any PHP code is
> expanded and executed (including any PHP code in files included by the
> SSI from the previous step).
>
> I'm under the impression that Apache 2.0 can do this.  So how is it
> done?

I don't believe this can be done because PHP is a handler
(content-generator) and not a filter.  PHP was originally supposed to
work as a filter, but zend is tied too tightly to direct-file-access
to make it work.

The result of this is that PHP must be the first thing in the chain.

Joshua.