httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy solution to get around lack of perchild
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:47:22 GMT
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:22:04 +0000, Nick Maynard
<nick.maynard@alumni.doc.ic.ac.uk> wrote:
> I have tried adding the following to the Apache2 config:
>         ProxyPassReverse / http://www.strangeparty.com:50006/
> But this rewrites all the headers referring to www.strangeparty.com to
> www.darkknight.co.uk (the ServerName for the frontend vhost).  Which is even
> worse.

On a quick skim thorugh your post, it seems like this solution is the closest.

I have not checked the code, but I assume apache decides the hostname
to use when doing ProxyPassReverse substitution from the
UseCanonicalName directive.  If that is true, setting
"UseCanonicalName off" should fix your problem.

Alternatively, you could try having one name-virtual-host on the proxy
server for every one that you need on the back-end.  They would be
identical except for the ServerName.

Joshua.