httpd-users mailing list archives

From Shankar Unni <shankaru...@netscape.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Is mpm_worker "production ready" in Apache 2.0.5x?
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:00:22 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> It is "production ready" and fully supported.  It is not the default
> because it will create problems if you use apache with non-threadsafe
> third-party modules (or third-party modules that use non-thread-safe
> libraries).

Excellent. Our module is thread-safe, but I had noticed that none of our
customers are running mpm_worker, and wondered about this.

(In fact, we have some performance issues because we start an observer
thread in each httpd process, each talking to a common server, and were
getting killed when we got up to several hundred httpd's. mpm_worker is
a much better configuration for our module, because we only need one per
process..)