httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gerry Kirk <ge...@faithonline.com>
Subject [users@httpd] incomplete install using latest source RPM
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 17:00:29 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade my apache by using the httpd-2.0.52 source RPM on
the apache site. After compiling and installing the RPMS, i try to
compile a module using apxs, and i get the following errors:

sh: line 1: /usr/sbin/envvars: No such file or directory
apxs:Error: Sorry, no shared object support for Apache.
apxs:Error: available under your platform. Make sure.
apxs:Error: the Apache module mod_so is compiled into.
apxs:Error: your server binary `/usr/sbin/httpd'..

I notice that there are a number of files missing that aren't when doing
an install from a tar.gz file, including

envvars
apr-config

What to do?