httpd-users mailing list archives

From PMilan...@nypl.org
Subject RE: [users@httpd] What defines www2? - getting OT
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:32:06 GMT
Don't know why I'm getting involved in this one sided argument, but I
don't see how acronyms are meant to be optimal. They are meant to be
logical. If this wasn't true, your reference to FQDN should be "full
address"?

These acronyms are generally dating back to the originating RFC (How do
you pronounce that one?).

BTW, most in the industry use "dub dub dub". It flows, no tongue tripping,
and it is understood.

I think the fella actually had a question about vhosts/dns and the lot,
not this.