httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess problem with HeaderName and ReadmName
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:01:03 GMT

That is, subdirectories inherit directives from a parent directory. That
is as it should be.

> but if i set
> values in .htaccess
> file (currently in UserDir directories) it has effect only in current
> directory i.e. if /~user/ has a .htaccess file with these two
> directives it
> works ONLY i /~user/ but not in /~user/somedir/ directory.

You're saying that the subdir *does not* inherit from the parent if you
put the directives in a .htaccess file in teh parent? That is not how it
is supposed to work...

Check:

- you don't have *another* .htaccess in the subdir (that would override
the parent)
- you don't have a <Directory> block in the config which applies to the
subdir and may override or switch off the .htaccess files.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> My OS is Linux Slackware 10 with apache 2.0.52
> --
> Eimantas Vaičiūnas
> VU Skaičiavimo centras

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persnliche Kommunikation. Sie hat
keinen Bezug zur B rsen- bzw. Geschftst tigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This
exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le prsent e-mail est
un message priv  et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activit boursi re du
Groupe SWX.

The sender’s company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
views of the sender’s company.