httpd-users mailing list archives

From ms...@freezone.co.uk
Subject [users@httpd] CGI not invoked for HTTP "OPTIONS" requests
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:35:54 GMT
Why isn't my CGI invoked for HTTP "OPTIONS" requests, & how do I fix it
so it is?

I tried writing a WebDAV interface to my Wiki CGI - for editing Wiki
pages using Vim, for instance.

So far so good - my CGI correctly responds to most HTTP request methods
("GET", "PUT", "COPY", "MOVE", "PROPFIND", etc.) It even responds to
HTTP "FOO" requests with an appropriate error:

	FOO /~me/wiki/webdav.cgi HTTP/1.1
	Connection: close
	Host: localhost:80

	HTTP/1.1 405
	Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:16:11 GMT
	Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_auth_kerb/5.0-rc6

	0

However, it seems my CGI isn't invoked for HTTP "OPTIONS" requests:

	OPTIONS /~me/wiki/webdav.cgi HTTP/1.1
	Connection: close
	Host: localhost:80

	HTTP/1.1 200 OK
	Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:21:18 GMT
	Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_auth_kerb/5.0-rc6
	Allow: GET,HEAD,POST,OPTIONS,TRACE
	Connection: close
	Transfer-Encoding: chunked

	0

Consequently, WebDAV clients expecting...

	[...]
	Allow: OPTIONS, PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, MKCOL, GET, PUT, DELETE, COPY,
MOVE, HEAD
	[...]

...refuse to mount my CGI.

Anyone know why my CGI isn't invoked, & how to fix it so it is? As you
can see, I'm running Apache 2.0.52, on Debian unstable.

Any insight much appreciated! Thanks!

Jack