httpd-users mailing list archives

From Vik Rubenfeld <v...@mindspring.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Wildcard Question in Getting Rid of Referrer Spam
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:44:32 GMT
I¹ve got htaccess code to get rid of spam referrers, following instructions
I found at <http://www.shooter.net/index.php/weblog/Item/119/>. It works
correctly in most cases. However, I have the following line included:

    SetEnvIfNoCase Referer ".*(poker-).*" BadReferer

...however, I find that that line is not catching the following referrers:

    free-texas-hold-em-poker-games.fidelityfunding.net
    online-poker-rooms.fidelityfunding.net
    texas-holdem-poker-game.fidelityfunding.net
    poker-game.fidelityfunding.net
    texas-hold-em-poker-game.fidelityfunding.net
    online-poker-game.fidelityfunding.net
    online-poker-games.fidelityfunding.net

Perhaps I¹m just not coding the wildcards in the line correctly. Should that
line work? If not, what is the correct way to change it? Thanks in advance
for any info.

-Vik