httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tito Daly" <titod...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with Apache 2
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:52:10 GMT
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>I am writing to you because I do not know where or who to turn to.&nbsp;
I have done extensive research (hopefully enough) in the matter without any possitive results.&nbsp;
If you feel that my message/request does not belong here or that I am abusing this list, I
apologize in advance.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>To the point, the problem that I am experiencing is that I get a :</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Permission denied at /var/www/cgi-bin/xxx.pl line 82., referer: <A
href="http://www.any.com/cgi-bin/yyy.pl">http://www.any.com/cgi-bin/yyy.pl</A></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>I get this message when trying to open a file for writing (a new file)
in any given directory.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>I know that this is not a permissions issue as I don't get this if xxx.pl
gets called by a regular html file or if xxx.pl gets called directly.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>The problem seems to be related to the fact that the "referer" is another
cgi script.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>The version that I am dealing with is Apache 2.0.40 (Standard with RedHat)&nbsp;
I am new to Apache 2 and in general I am not an expert in this matter.&nbsp; If there
is a directive that I must configure in the httpd.conf file, I am not aware of what that can
be ...&nbsp; My httpd.conf has most of the default configuration values (except the necessary
ones to get it started).</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Thanking you in advance for your kind answers on this subject,</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>--tito</DIV></div></html>